Friday, May 10, 2013

Vintage Photo Friday

Santa Monica Blvd. & Doheny Dr., early 1940's.  BH Historic Preservation (Facebook) Photo Collection

Beverly Hills is my home town.  Since leaving BH when I was first married in 1974, I've always lived on the fringes of this small town, or as the real estate ads say, "Beverly Hills Adjacent."   I'm constantly driving through Beverly Hills on my way to everywhere. While driving around, I cannot help but remember all of my elementary and high school friends'
homes, the shops and restaurants that used to be.  There have been so many changes in BH since my youth, much of the change being of an architectural nature.  Sadly, many of the buildings of yesteryear have been demolished or altered so radically, that they are barely recognizable.
I'm thrilled to state that Historic Preservation in the City of Beverly Hills was approved by the City Council on January 24, 2012.  There's a web-page too with all of the details and guidelines to historic preservation.  Maybe this will curb some of the mansion-ization that has occurred in the past!
Looks like the City is sprucing up those BEVERLY HILLS signs too!  I drove by a sign shop in Mid-City Los Angeles to see the template for our beloved sign sitting in the yard!
Signmakers, Inc., Mid-City L.A.

Have a wonderful weekend!  Take a stroll through Beverly Gardens Park this weekend.  Beverly Gardens runs the length of big Santa Monica Boulevard, from one end of the City to the other!  It should be perfect weather.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery