Monday, April 29, 2013

I ♥ Vera Neumann

"Vera" scarves @ Target!
Vera Neumann has been one of my favorite artists and designers since I was a kid.  Her designs were super popular in the '60's.  Between us, my Mom and I have about a dozen "Vera" scarves.  My buddy, Beth knew of my obsession with this designer, so a few years ago she collected a beautiful selection of Vera's designs for me on eBay and gave them to me for my birthday.  
I'm still obsessed with Vera's designs.  Imagine my delight when I heard that Target and Vera Neumann Designs were re-issuing many of her scarves!  I zoomed over to my local Target and scooped up some of these luscious art pieces.  I love them all!
All of the scarves are either very large squares or rectangular shaped pieces.  Some are chiffon-like and flowing, others are linen-like.   


The display at Target was less than appealing, which is good.  There wasn't a mad rush for these scarves like there was a few years ago for the Missoni-Target collection.  Also, the people that remember Vera skew a bit older than the Missoni fans...thank goodness!  I was very happy that I did not have to fight hordes of westside fashionistas at my Mid-City Target for this booty!
Look out, birthday buddies for these DIVINE works of art included in your gift-bags this year!
Textile Designer and Artist, Vera Neumann
Read more about Vera Neumann here

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 12:55 PM PDT, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Thanks for the heads up. I may run over to the downtown Target on my lunch to see what I can find.

 
At 3:25 PM PDT, Blogger mehitabel said...

I went to the East Pas Target and came home with a couple of beauties! Thanks for the info!

 
At 3:28 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hey Girls! Post photos of the Vera scarves that you bought! Let's have a "Vera" party!!

 
At 8:08 PM PDT, Blogger Brenda said...

Love it! I still have some Vera placemats in my kitchen. Will have to check out the stuff at Target.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery