Thursday, April 18, 2013

Yarn Crawl 2013

Amy, Nancy, Yuki, Barbara, Vickie and Suzette
 WeHo SnB Non-Yarn Crawlers!
Nancy, Yuki, Ellen and Barbara
 
I did not really participate in the 2013 Yarn Crawl.  I have sooooo much yarn at home that my house could have been one of the stops on the Crawl!  The 2nd Annual Yarn Crawl - L.A. County started on Thursday with at least 32 stores participating...stretching from "From Santa Monica to Santa Clarita, from Claremont to Long Beach and every square mile in between!"  The idea was to visit as many shops as possible and have your "passport" stamped by each shop.  At the end of the Crawl, you turn in your passport.  There are prizes for the most stores visited by one person, in addition to raffles and prizes at each individual store.  
I participated for one day last year and had a wonderful time visiting shops and having lunch with my WeHo Peeps. It's a great long weekend, communing with your yarny friends.  it just happened to be one of the busiest weekends for me this year.
Barbara at the YarnOver Truck

I only managed to make two stops, in-between SnB's on Saturday.   Saturday WeHo SnB was attended by seven non-crawling ladies!  I met up with Barbara at both places!  The Yarnover Truck was parked at Douglas Park in Santa Monica.  There was a line to get into "Little Debbie."  Only 5 customers at a time are permitted inside the truck.  Yes, it's a tight fit, but the owners have managed to pack a variety of yarn into this rollin' yarn shop.  Great idea!
Waiting in Line for the YarnOver Truck

My second stop was at Compatto Yarn Salon, just down the block on Wilshire Blvd.  There were book signings, fastest knitting contests, yarn tastings and tons of other activities going on in this cute shop.  I purchased my souvenir yarn of the Crawl...one skein of Noro Taiyo Sock Yarn.  Victory!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:36 AM PDT, Blogger Diane said...

Oh Ellen, as a Floridian I can't even imagine 32 yarn stores..how wonderful!

 
At 9:59 AM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

I KNOW! We're very lucky here in the L.A. area, to have so many LYS's!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery