Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Yarnification

Fancy Yarn

Hi.  My name is Ellen.  I'm a yarn-a-holic.  HI ELLEN!  
Now that I'm among friends, I will relate my story of addiction.  I love going into yarn shops, craft stores, thrift shops, estate sales, knitting guild swaps and any place that has to do with yarn acquisition.  I am an equal opportunity yarn lover.  No yarn is too scratchy, plastic, fake, thin, fat or ugly.  I love ALL yarn equally.  I do draw the line at fun-fur.  I've never been a big fan.
My adorable and wonderful husband has acquisition addictions of his own.  He never criticizes me when I bring yarn into the house.  He realizes that his addictive collections take up more space than yarn, so he keeps his mouth shut. We never argue or fight.  Therein lies the problem.  We are the same.  We feed each other's addictions.  I have made a pledge to myself to not buy any yarn for at least one year, maybe longer.
I'm off work this week so I decided to tackle the abundance of yarn in the house and studio.  I have climbed the mountain and I cannot back down.  Much of this abundance will be donated to worthy causes.  Many half-started projects will be frogged (re-wound) and/or dumped.
Acrylic Filing
Yarnification, in progress


It's taken me 1-1/2 days, but I finally have the acrylic yarn under control.  It is filed away in the big bins in the studio. I file yarns by color families.  It's not a perfect method, but it works for me. Ack!  I have 3 bins of orange/rust colors and 3 bins of browns.  Hey Lauren, check out all that gold Vanna!  I see a golden baby blanket in your future!  Now, I have to tackle the "good" yarn that resides in my guest room.  Onward and upward!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 7:25 PM PST, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

wow, this is an impressive effort--and I love how you are not a snobby yarn person. Good luck on the year off from yarn shopping. Are we allowed to send you yarn gifts though?

 
At 8:06 PM PST, Blogger Sarah said...

Wow! That's a lot of work, and a lot of yarn! Happy organizing!

 
At 6:50 AM PST, Blogger Deb said...

And I thought I was bad! My pledge this year was no more sock yarn until I've used up all the sock yarn I have . . .. . . . . unless it's sock weight yarn for something other than socks!

 
At 7:51 AM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Best of luck to you, Deb. Sock yarn is very tempting!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery