Monday, October 24, 2005

Halloween in Hollywood

Halloween is a big deal in Hollywood...especially in WEST Hollywood. Every year there's this huge parade on Santa Monica Blvd. between Doheny and La Cienega. The costumes are amazing, the people outrageous...there's dancing, live music, costume contests, etc. There's a Mardi-Gras type hilarity in the air. It's wild.

Conversely, our little Stitch 'n Witch Halloween party at the Original Farmers Market this coming Thursday night will be a much quieter affair. I'm still working on my costume. I've been working on it all weekend!

We did break for a few activities this weekend. We had dinner with Audrey and Jeff on Friday night at one of my fave Thai restaurants, Chao Krung on Fairfax. After dinner, we zoomed over to East Hollywood to La Luz de Jesus Gallery to attend a book signing. The shop was supposed to be open until 9pm. We got there at about 8:45....the doors were locked! So we cruised back toward Virgil Village where we had previouslly seen some interesting and colorful Halloween yard art (see photo at top of article). Audrey and I got out and clicked some photos after checking with the occupants of the building to see if it was OK. We love Halloween decorations.
On Saturday night Larry and I headed eastward again to Eagle Rock to attend a b-day party. It was a friendly gathering. Then, Larry went to an art gallery opening while I raced across the valley to Encino to meet knit designer and instructor, Annie Modesit at Laurie's house. Laurie has posted pix of this gathering. Many of my fave SnB'rs were there, sitting in the unusually warm patio, sipping wine, eating pizza, applie pie and knitting or crocheting away. It was an inspiring evening, giving me the boost I needed to sit on the couch all day Sunday and work on my Halloween costume!!!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 6:45 PM PDT, Blogger ~drew emborsky~ said...

Sounds like you had a great time in and around Lalaland! It was great talking with you on the phone during the parTAY!!! Glad you had fun!

 
At 9:44 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellen, thanks for coming to the party, I know you had a busy night, and I was really happy to see you there!

And thank you for the lovely party gift! My fun box is awesome!

I just like saying "fun box" a lot, too.

 
At 10:25 AM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

One of these days all of us yarn-types from Texas, New Jersey, Oregon, California and the rest of the U.S. will have to get together for one humongous party!!!!

 
At 4:06 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

looking forward to see your halloween costume!! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery