Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Tag! I'm it.

Miss Darcy tagged me to complete the latest quiz. Carla, Lori and a few others have complied as well. All of the aforementioned are my sisters in knit and crochet from our weekly WeHo SnB meetings at the Original Farmers Market.
Four jobs in your life (best to worst):
1. Best....gotta be my current job as an Executive Assistant at HBO, Business Affairs. My dream boss buys me yarn when he's on vacation!
2. My job for 8 years during the 80's....same as #1, Assistant to a VP at 20th Century Fox Television, Business Affairs to a lovely man who treated me like an equal.
3. Getting worse.....Legal Assistant for 3 months to a VP in an entertainment law firm in WeHo. The man was certifiable.
4. Worst job had to be as a temp in a medical supply company that purchased fake fingers...ugh.
Four movies you could watch over and over:
1. "Sunset Boulevard"....Gloria Swanson is one of my idols.
2. "West Side Story"....great music, dancing, hot guys.
3. "Saturday Night Fever"....great music, dancing, hot guys, Travolta at his best.
4. "Town Without Pity"...1961, Kirk Douglas, etc. This used to play endlessly on KHJ-Channel 9 TV's weekly movie. I think I watched it every night for a week, every week that they aired it! The theme song by Gene Pitney rules.
Four TV Shows you love to watch:
1. "Curb Your Enthusiasm:" on HBO
2. "Knitty Gritty" on DIY
3. Old episodes of "Taxi"
4. Guilty pleasure reality TV like "America's Top Model," "Project Runway," "American Idol," "Big Brother," "Amazing Race." Sadly, TV rules my life.
Four places you have lived:
1. L.A. is the best place of all and I haven't strayed too far from my home.
2. Santa Monica (next best)
3. San Diego (for college)
4. Mile-high Idyllwild in the San Jacinto Mountains as a summer counselor at USC's Art and Music camp
Four places you have been on vacation:
1. Paris
2. Barcelona
3. New Orleans
4. New York
Four websites you visit daily:
1. Franklin Ave. for L.A. news
2. The Great Taco Hunt for (duh) great taco places
3. Lotta Livin' (for all things mid-century)
4. Many knitting and crochet sites (Crazy Aunt Purl, Monster Crochet, The Crochet Dude, etc.) check my list on the right side of my blog).
Four of your favorite foods:
1. Fish taco, rice and beans at Chabelita on Western Ave.
2. The 1/4 chicken plate at Zankou.
3. The grilled romaine salad with grated parmesean at Metro Cafe.
4. A Jumbo Jim Burger with extra "Z" sauce, Suzy-Q fries and a Cherry Lime Ricky at Dolores Restaurant in West L.A. (see photo above). It's not as great as the long-gone Dolores' Drive-in in Beverly Hills, sigh.
5. I just had to add a fifth and important entry: The fried chicken and waffles (and almost any other food) at Pann's Coffee Shop on La Tijera and La Cienega.
Four places you'd rather be right now:
1. Joshua Tree (we're going there this weekend...yippee!)
2. Portland, OR in the summer
3. Knitting at the Original Farmers Market.
4. Ethnic shopping, downtown L.A.
New Category - Your Four Favorite Types of Yarn:
1. Manos del Uruguay wool
2. LionBrand Kool Wool (discontinued, of course)
3. Medium weight Egyptian Cotton
4. Good ol' Red Heart Knitting Worsted!
Four bloggers I'm tagging:
2. Faith (time to update, Dear)
4. Drew
I hope all of you check in and post the quiz!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 9:47 AM PST, Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

thanks for the doughnut!

you're the bestest.

 
At 10:45 AM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Oh Miss Kendra...doughnuts from Bob's at the Original Farmers Market soothe the soul! Have a great weekend!

 
At 10:12 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh... I've been tagged. I'll do it. Posting answers shortly....

 
At 7:13 PM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...


thank you on the post. I have the following rating from the video.
Folks should learn to totally ignore the critics these days. Too much political correctness has made them completely misleading and just plain wrong a lot.

I haven't laughed in tears for much of a movie in a long time. Based on a true story this was outrageous and funny. It is not for kids and is pretty dirty language but so well done. Enjoy!
> movies2k
> arrival putlockers
> the revenant putlocker
> yidio movies
> m4ufree movies
> watch32 movies
> megashare9

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery