Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Faux Fiore Update

Faux Fiore - In Progress
I've made some progress on my Faux Isabella Fiore bag. The shell of the bag is complete. I added a zig-zag single crochet top-stitch to the underside of the shoulder strap so it wouldn't slip on my shoulder. I've added some flowers....I need to add more. I crocheted a lip just inside the bag opening for the zipper. Now, I have to find a long zipper to hand-sew in place and a fob for the zipper.
The decoration portion of this bag is slow-going. After crocheting each flower and leaf, I have to sew it in place. I have to decide how much of each flower to secure. It looks best if some of the flower and leaves are floppy and not-secured tightly to the bag. I've got a million other projects going right now, but I'm working on this one bit by bit.
The inpiration bags by Isabella Fiore

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 5:17 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Your version is coming along very nicely. I think its going to turn out much better than the original. And such a bargain!

 
At 8:34 AM PDT, Blogger PnP said...

Ellen, your bag is gorgeous! Are you going to put together a pattern of your own? I would love to give it a try.

:-) Debra

 
At 10:26 AM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks for the compliments on the hobo bag, Monkeygurrrrrl!

PNP - I probably won't write a pattern for this bag, because Julie's "Fat Bottom Bag" is already published in the "Happy Hooker Crochet" book. The flowers are just various patterns I found on the web. Most crochet patterns are easily copied by carefully looking at the piece.

 
At 9:28 PM PDT, Blogger Jaye said...

It's spectacular, Ellen!

 
At 7:28 AM PDT, Blogger LG said...

OMG I LOVE your bag! and the warm colors you chose are my favourites! Such a great job you did! Amazing!

 
At 12:04 PM PDT, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

It's really gorgeous Elle. You are just so damn talented...and modest!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery