Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Veggie Flowers

Two of my co-workers gave me this beautiful flower arrangement today as a pre-B-Day gift! Thank you Beth and Lisa! Aren't they gorgeous? I just LOVE that there's an artichoke in the center and limes around the perimeter. After the flowers are gone, we'll be able to boil the artichoke and dip the leaves in lime juice. Perfect!
I'm taking tomorrow off from work. I'll be zooming all over the City enjoying myself.
Last night, my dear friend, Rhoda took me to dinner at Pete's Cafe and Bar in downtown L.A. in the old Financial District at 4th and Main St. Everything was divine. We started with the Mac 'n Cheese....it was creamy and delish. Rhoda ordered the Hellman Burger...faboo with French fries served in a silver cup! I ordered the stuffed pork shop...equally divine. For dessert we had bread pudding that was out of this world! I was in quite a sugar shock for the remainder of the evening. More about presents later!
Salad with Mac 'n Cheese

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Hellman Burger and Fries

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Stuffed Pork Chop

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Incredibly Faboo Bread Pudding w/Strawberries and Caramel Sauce

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 3:53 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Groan....so much food! Eee Gads, Woman! You are really being treated royally for your birthday week!!!!

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 3:53 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The flowers are beautiful. Do you know where they are from? Then there is the matter of the food.....it looks amazing!! I don't eat meat and all it looks so delicious. I must venture downtown and check this place out.

 
At 4:00 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi Jo Anne, My friend, Beth picked the flowers up at Bristol Farms in the South Bay.

 
At 8:58 AM PDT, Blogger Faith said...

Happy happy happy happy birthday Ellen!!!!!!

See you tonight!

xo
Faith

 
At 10:51 AM PDT, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Happy Birthday!! I'm jealous. I'll have to start instituting a weeklong birthday celebration for myself.

 
At 2:48 PM PDT, Blogger Uccellina said...

Happy Birthday!

 
At 4:37 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Bappy Herdday!

And yet again, you make me hungary (I was born czech). :)

 
At 10:27 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

I have clearly got to get back to SnB - I've been missing all the fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery