Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Intoxicating Noro

I know, I know...I shouldn't be starting new projects while I still have a dozen UFO's sitting in totebags on my dining room floor! One good thing....I am on a yarn diet and on Carla's suggestion, only knitting and crocheting from my stash (for now).
Last night I just didn't feel like working on any of my current projects, so I went out to the studio and perused my "good stuff" plastic bin. Most of my stash is kept in bins, organized by color, except for the cotton, which has its own bin. The "good stuff" bin contains fancy yarns I've either purchased or been gifted within the last year. I found two skeins of Noro, The World of Nature in the color description, "Tidiori." The content is 60% rayon, 35% nylon and 5% cashmere. This yarn cost $11.25/skein at an LYS that I frequent in Hollywood. I just found the same yarn online for $8.80 a skein. Live and learn. Anyway, I thought this would make a nice, lightweight scarf for ME. Another resolution, suggested by Ana...to only knit and crochet items for MYSELF this year! One thing about knitting with any Noro yarn...it's intoxicating to watch the different and enthralling colors materialize as you knit.
I found an easy pattern on the Yarn Harlot's site that is pleasing to knit and drapes beautifully. This is a quick project and I hope to finish it by the end of the week. Just like my friend, Ellene says, this is a "procrastination project" ...a little reprieve between larger yarn-ventures.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:19 PM PST, Blogger Yarnartist said...

Wow, Ellen, This yarn IS breathtaking! Love, love, love Noro!
BTW, I'll put you on my gift list if you put me on yours ;>)

 
At 7:15 AM PST, Blogger Vouray said...

I've made alot of stuff with Tidiori, love it. How's the Lizard Ridge? I have alot of customers pining for a crochet version! Hint Hint

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery