Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Christmas in L.A.

Christmas Lights on Rodeo Drive, Beverly Hills

Larry and I had a nice Christmas break. I didn't have to go into the office for 6 days! It was very restful. Of course we exchanged gifts! There were practical gifts (shirts, socks, kitchen stuff, car stuff, etc.) and there were fun gifts (books, CDs, jewelry, hats, etc.).
Lots of Gifts
I baked cookies for the neighbors. I thought I'd make all Jewish bakery delights this year. I made mandelbread, macaroons and rugelach. Everything turned out sweet and delicious. I'd never made rugelach before, but I heard the recipe on NPR and just had to try it. It was not difficult, but a few too many steps for me. It did turn out beautifully though. Sorry, no photos this time...all of the cookies were eaten up too quickly!

I even made a nice Christmas dinner for us.....the usual, turkey, stuffing, yams, peas. For dessert, we had pumpkin ice-cream pie in a graham cracker crust.
Christmas Turkey Dinner

Most of Christmas day was spent reading our new books and listening to our new CDs.

Christmas Jewelry

I did have time to go thru my yarn stash and actually clear out about 35 years of old crunchy acrylic yarn. I ended up with 6 huge garbage bags to donate to various charities. I saved aside some primo yarn to take to the WeHo SnB this week for my fellow yarn-a-holics to go thru.

I'm back at work today and tomorrow, then off again from 12/29 thru 1/2.

Happy New Year everyone!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 1:32 PM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

How did you not go to work for SIX DAYS?!@?!?!?!? I'm so jealous. I'm also very jealous of your xmas jewelry (GOR-geous!) and your punkin-pie-ice-cream. That sounds perfectly yummy. Only I would add french vanilla cool whip, which would push it way over the top, but that's what we expect from me, right?

:) I'm glad you and Mr. L had a great time.

 
At 2:17 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Ellen. Best wishes for the New Year to you and to Mr. Larry!

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 7:23 PM PST, Blogger carlita dee said...

Now that's the kind of x-mas I'm talking about. Mine was nice low key too, but, alas, no sparkly jewels. Lucky you!

I hope for Hanukkah you felt warmed and comforted by your dad's memory. :)

 
At 7:28 PM PST, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

The yams looked just like my mom's. Yummy!
I can't wait to peruse your cast-off yarns.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery