Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Felt Club

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Crowds descend on the Unkranian Cultural Center

The Felt Club held their annual holiday sale this past Saturday at the Ukranian Cultural Center in Hollywood. This is a crafty group that meets throughout the year to impart their good craftiness on the public. The place was packed solid with vendors and buyers. There were raffle drawings from the stage and music. There was food, drink and endless amounts of crafty inspiration.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Crafty Goodliness

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I arrived at around 1:30pm and had to park blocks away due to the crowds. The Uke Ctr. does not have a parking lot. The crowds were so intense, that I could barely move, once inside. I ended up cruising the aisles, taking some photos, saying hello to a few friends and then escaping. I didn't buy anything because I really couldn't see anything that well. The lighting inside the hall was really poor and the booths were way too close together. One smart craftser brought portable lights for her table. She sold lots of stuff. This group needs a larger, better lit venue.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I did see Christine from Tooknap Press. She may drop by the Thursday WeHo SnB this week to sell more of her divine handspun yarn. I also saw world-famous histotainer and L.A. man-about-town Charles Phoenix, looking bewildered. Matt Groening was in attendance too, probably looking for new characters for The Simpsons

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Christine from Tooknap

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Charles Phoenix

Once I was able to make my way back to the front door I spied two hip-chicks eating gelato. I asked them where they got their treats. They pointed to a little shop around the corner on Heliotrope called Scoops. I had a very nice scoop of vanilla and caramel gelato.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Scoops has Vegan Gelato

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Gelato Lover in Felt Club Hat

Hey..shout out to Regina...Scoops has bacon gelato...it's yummy! I took a few more photos and left the throngs of Hollywood.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This Saturday, many of the same vendors and more will be at the Bizarre Bazaar at the Shrine Exposition Hall near USC. We went last year and it was faboo.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 1:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My vegan son swears by Scoops...he's always mentioning it. I have to drop by there sometime.

 
At 7:18 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great to see you, miss ellen! ! ! I hope I can
make it this thursday, but if not, I'll
definitely be dropping by in january!

xooxoxoxo

 
At 11:21 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:55 PM PST, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Okay, I'm a bacon lover. Yes, totally. I don't know about bacon gelato though...could be really scary.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery