Friday, December 08, 2006

Retro Nuevo Banner

This blog is ALLLL about ME, ME, ME. To borrow a line from my friend Rhoda, it's "THE MIMI SHOW."
Thanks so much to Miss Kendra for re-instating my good ol' banner, designed by Laurie. Both of you are artistic giants!!! I had another weblog host awhile back and the lovely Laurie offered to design a banner for me using my own artwork. She gave me many designs. She even added to my mantra...."L.A. is my beat....from Boyle Heights to the Beach...from Manchester to Mullholland." (that's from my radio days). Laurie added... "from the first stitch to the very last." She is an idea person, you know.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Yarny Design

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Hollywood - Movie Town Design

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Ellen on a Postage Stamp Design

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ellen's Skyline Artwork + Laurie's Clever Addtion
to the Ellen Mantra making it L.A. and Yarny!

I finally decided to use the final banner with 'Ellen' in a leopard headband and glasses portrait, because it's closest to what I really look like.
After having trouble with the old host, I switched to Blogger and just chose one of their standardized templates. I've enjoyed the pinkness of the old template, but I was yearning to use my customized banner. The wonderful Miss Kendra offered to help with the slight re-design. She has helped many of us in the West Hollywood SnB Ring with our page designs.
Hats off to our tech-savvy chix, Kendra and Laurie!!! Thanks for making my RETRO design all NUEVO again.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 6:10 PM PST, Blogger mary said...

The new banner is so eclectic-y cool... so you! Love it!

 
At 8:10 PM PST, Blogger WineGrrl said...

Lovely banners! They could start a nice business...

 
At 6:30 AM PST, Blogger Ana Petrova said...

I like them all but my fav is the second one down L.A. is my Beat

Just one reporters opinion.

See you at the Farmer's Market!

 
At 9:15 AM PST, Blogger Yarnartist said...

I love the 'new' banner and the wild orange border. Very original, just like you!
Ellene

 
At 10:37 AM PST, Blogger Uccellina said...

This is good stuff. Even better than advertised.

 
At 4:24 PM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

LOVE IT!!!

 
At 7:18 AM PST, Blogger Nicola Monat-Jacobs said...

I love the new old design - much more personalized!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery