Thursday, December 14, 2006

Granny Goodness

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Natalie's Custom Gift Tag
Taa Daa! I finished the border on the granny afghan gift for my boss's holiday gift. Thanks to Natalie for creating faboo gift tags for me this past summer. They really make all of my custom gifts look professional.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The afghan is perfect for the couch...it's about the size of the top of a twin bed. I hope David likes it. He should like it....he requested a colorful, classic granny afghan!

Speaking of Natalie, she's the party organizer for our WeHo Stich 'n Bitch. Natalie and a few of her helper elves, go all out to make our parties fun. In the past, she's organized a Summer Tiki SnB, Wig Night, 2 Halloween celebrations and our upcoming Holiday SnB. The WeHo SnB Holiday celebration is next Thursday, December 21st from 7-9 at the Original Farmers Market in our usual meeting place, the upstairs dining area, over Kip's Toyland. Each stitcher should bring a skein of yarn to add to Santa's Gift Sack. Toward the end of the party, each of the participants will be able to grab a new ball of yarn from Santa's Sack! What fun! Hope to see you there.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 11:46 AM PST, Blogger Madge said...

You give great granny! Love the afghan.

Merry merry.

 
At 12:54 PM PST, Blogger Allison said...

Ellen, that is stunning! Your boss is lucky to have such a generous and talented person working for him.

 
At 1:27 PM PST, Blogger carlita dee said...

WOW! I'm supposed to be at a faculty meeting but when I saw you'd put this up, I had to come on over. It's STUNNING!

Your boss is gonna be thrilled. I know I would be.

 
At 2:48 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crocheting was my first love and everytime I see a classic granny square ANYTHING, I get all nostalgic. I'm now primarily a knitter. I totally need to get my hands on a hook soon.

Nik

http://niksknits.blogspot.com

 
At 4:48 PM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks for the compliments everyone. Yes, the classics are always the best. Granny Squares are the building blocks to fashion....but, then you already knew that!
Thanks to Natalie, Darcy, Carla and Christine for contributing squares for David's afghan!
Hugs!

 
At 4:53 PM PST, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Your Granny Ghan is awesome woman!

I am going to try, try, try to get there on the 21st. You know, I always say that then my life goes haywire. Anyway, I will make the attempt.

 
At 5:42 PM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

I don't like Blogger beta. It don' let me comment on how BEEE Yooo tEEE ful your ghan is!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery