Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Compatto 'n Me

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

L.A. Times Business Section - 12/13/06
FINALLY, the article about Compatto Yarn Salon appears in the L.A. Times Business Section today. The writer, Ron White interviewed me over the phone awhile back because I'd written about visiting this lovely Santa Monica yarn shop on my blog. It's a good article even though Ron gave my age as "40-ish" (not, but I'm OK with THAT mistake) AND he didn't mention the NAME OF MY BLOG, L.A. Is My Beat. Oh well, a mention is a mention and I'm grateful. I'm also glad to have the little yarn shops of the area given attention.
On the actual yarn front, I've finished another Kitty Kat Hat in a blue, tweedy Cascade yarn. LOVE this pattern that my friend, Amy invented.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Compatto, A Yarn Salon, 2112 Wilshire Blvd. (between 21st St. & 22nd St.) Santa Monica, CA 90403, Phone: 310.453.2130; Fax: 310.453.2134; info@compattoYarnSalon.com

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 11:27 AM PST, Blogger carlita dee said...

How cool that you were mentioned in the Times! I'm going to scrounge around work and see if anyone has today's paper right now.

 
At 2:28 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the mention! That is so cool!!

 
At 8:21 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know a celebrity! Great! xoxo Andree (stupid Blogger won't let me post under Winegrrl)

 
At 7:38 AM PST, Blogger Shona~ LALA dex press said...

As a displaced Angelino (partially by choice) L LOVE reading your blog- it takes me back to old haunts + introduces me to new ones. My mom called me last night + said that she read about this great yarn store in the Times + would I like to go when I come in town next week? HA! I already knew about the article + the shop after reading this post. Thank you for keeping me informed about my beloved home city!

 
At 1:02 PM PST, Blogger WhatWouldBetseyDo said...

I should read this article (and I will, yes). But really, he should have mentioned your blog - wouldn't readers want to know? I would. Oh well, they missed out (sigh).
~Hilda

 
At 3:29 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
Loved the article and am so enjoying your blog. If you have a minute we just launched a blog directory at www.delightfulblogs.com and I'm sure the gals (and guys) who use the directory to discover new blogs to bookmark and read would so enjoy yours.
best,
Lynda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery