Thursday, May 17, 2007

ANOTHER Mosaic House

Santa Monica Mosaic House
I really like mosaics. If you read my blog, you know that I like to feature them often. People have told me about this house, and today, on my lunchtime travels, I stumbled across it. This is a lovely mosaic house on the corner of 26th Street and California Avenue in Santa Monica. I love how they painted the curb under the low garden wall blue.The house appears to be of the post-war era with many remodels popping out on it's corners. The landscaping is lush and the mosaic has an aquatic theme.
Jumping Mosaic Porpoise
The stairs are made of stone mosaic!

close-up of low wall around property

I'm going to keep my eye on this house to see if they add more mosaic features.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 3:22 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This house looks so interesting. Thanks for telling us about it.

Mae
Westwood

 
At 6:40 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellen great pictures as usual! I love mosaic houses too. I'll have to drive over there and take a look.

 
At 8:08 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

THIS is the house that inspired me to take a mosaics class, which I did with Amy. We each produced a mosaic table.

We ended up with two pretty nice tables, even though we ditched the grouting class. Mine now resides on Nathalie's porch, and Amy's is in her office.

 
At 8:35 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this house! Thank you so much for the pics.

I worked near that neighborhood before moving to AR and I miss roaming around there on my lunch breaks.

It's like a trip back home!

MX

 
At 3:09 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have driven by this house several times! It's a feast for the eyes, isn't it?

 
At 10:10 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's fabulous! I love when someone has the courage to be original with their home. If you drove around my area, you'd risk an accident, from falling asleep due to boredom.

Erma Bombeck, the humorist, spoke of telling one of her kids to sit on the steps of her home in the suburbs when she went shopping; this way, she claimed, she could tell which house she lived in, when she returned.

 
At 1:32 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christine you are kidding. I never knew this was your source of inspiration. This is one of my favorite homes, I used to drive by it all of the time!

 
At 12:24 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The lady who tiled the house has a website and does custom mosaics: http://www.custommosaicart.com/7.html
She's really talented!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery