Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Vintage Afghan

Remember this vintage granny square afghan? I've completed 12 squares for my retro-ghan! These squares are much faster to crochet than traditional squares where you change colors every round. Because the yarn used for this retro-ghan is multi-colored, you can just keep crocheting with the same yarn until you're ready to crochet with the border color!

Most of my multi-colored yarn is only 1-5 years old and is the newer, softer version of acrylic. The one vintage yarn that I'm using is the Sayelle in orange tones. I bought 3 skeins at Faith's yard sale a few years ago. I believe it was in her Grandma's stash. It's crunchy, stiff and atomic! I love it because it resembles the yarn in my sample-ghan from the 50's.
Atomic (probably radioactive) Sayelle

Check out other grannnies on the Granny-Along blog. They are all fantastic!

Inspiration. Thanks, Charles

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 2:20 PM PDT, Blogger WineGrrl said...

He's going to LOVE it!

 
At 3:48 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellen, love the multi-color yarn idea. It is looking beautiful. I like that since with the multi it goes faster. Can't wait to see the finished afghan.

 
At 12:35 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my! I think I have one of these stored in the attic somewhere. It's very (ha, ha) colorful.

Susie
Beverlywood

 
At 1:16 PM PDT, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Have I told you lately how much I love you?

That orange-brown colorway is THE best!

 
At 6:10 PM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

I've never done a granny retroghan because of all those ends...but I love your idea of letting different variegated yarns do the work for you. May I borrow it?

Atomic...makes me think of Blondie!

P.S. All those deer heads scare me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery