Friday, June 01, 2007

Sugar Cookies

Ellen's Sugar Cookies - Cooling

A couple of weeks ago I attended the Anti-Social Knitters group at Madge's house. We all brought food to share and yarny projects to work on. It was a lovely afternoon. Teresa made the yummiest sugar cookies! She was kind enough to tell us that the recipe is from the Better Homes and Gardens New Baking Book. It was easy and delicious. My cookies came out larger than Teresa's. Next time, I'll roll smaller little sugar balls. Also, I think I over-baked slightly for a browner tone. This made my cookies a little too crunchy. I'll watch the clock more carefully next time!
Teresa's Party Cookies
I made them over the holiday weekend and even with a few baking mistakes on my part, they were gobbled up quickly! Thanks for the recipe, Teresa.
Ellen's Tuppo-Box O' Cookies

Hmmm? All of my posts this week have been about food! I've got food on the brain! Have a great weekend!

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 1:06 PM PDT, Blogger mary said...

They still look delish! Funny thing is, when you eat them right out of the oven (which is the best time BTW), they're never too crunchy then! Try it next time. :D

 
At 1:13 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've read that if you put some slices of fresh apple in with the cookies, for instance into your tupperware container, this will keep cookies soft.

I go along with the eating them right out of the oven too!

 
At 2:56 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Oh yeah...we ate SEVERAL of the sugar cookies right out of the oven and they were fantastic!

Good idea, Christine about putting a piece of apple in the Tupperware! Thanks.

 
At 3:49 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

I am soooo hungry right now. The Cookies, donuts, and tacos are too much. I would gobble them all up.

ggrrrrOOOoooowwllllll.

excuse me, that's my stomach.

 
At 4:12 PM PDT, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

For some reason, a slice of bread works to keep cookies soft as well. And the bread won't get brown and icky like an apple slice.

I think it's cookie day. Did you read Frank's blog?

 
At 4:57 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to see these cookies reaching more people! My first batch was a bit overbaked too, but they still tasted good. :)

 
At 10:55 PM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

*drool*

We need to have a holiday cookie making party this winter. Oh, yes indeedy.

 
At 12:05 PM PDT, Blogger Bratfink said...

I love sugar cookies!

Oh, and Ellen, I wanted to say thank you for helping me with the granny afghan I've been working on FOREVER. I wasn't exactly sure how I was going to put it together and it was driving me crazy.

Then you said you make strips then crochet the strips together and man, that is JUST what I needed to hear. I've got 3 strips done so far, and am working on more, then working on more squares.

But that little thing... well, I can now truly envision maybe finishing this thing some day.

Thanks to you!

 
At 8:09 PM PDT, Blogger mehitabel said...

Your posts this week have made me hungry! Around here, we *heart* sugar cookies, but I have to say, The Daughter makes the best chocolate chippers in the world. I do love me some cookie dough, too. Hmmm. Maybe I should go get dinner now...

 
At 4:43 AM PDT, Blogger Bratfink said...

OK, Ellen, here's the pic of the beginning of my strips!

http://www.twango.com/media/Bratfink.public/Bratfink.10210

LONG way to go, but at least I can see light at the end of the tunnel now.

:D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery