Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Crocheted Coasters

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This past weekend I was a Madge's house for a lovely, craftastic get-together. Many knitters and crocheters were there, stitchin' away. I didn't realize it, but this is a group called Asknitters. They meet once a month. Everyone brought a dish to share. Madge and her DH, Tom supplied us with barbecued chicken, burgers and drinks. We had some marvelous salads, casseroles, desserts. People were knitting and crocheting sweaters, kitty beds, afghans, hats, shawls, etc. It was really a great party.
I wanted to bring Madge a small hostess gift. I'd never been to her house before, so I searched her blog for photos that would give me a clue as to the colors of her house. I spied some cream, cranberry and burgundy drapes and a burgundy couch in the background of one of her photos. Aha! Now I have a color combo I can work with!

I decided to crochet Madge a little cotton basket that holds six cotton coasters. I used kitchen cotton and a size "G" crochet hook.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

They turned out great. They're not really summery; the color scheme is kinda' winter, so they would be perfect for the holiday season! Thanks again, Madge for a marvelous party.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 11:38 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellen, that's a cute project - very thoughtful and pretty. I think the matching crochet basket to totally makes it; nice touch!!!

 
At 12:33 PM PDT, Blogger jillian said...

I saw those cute coasters in the livingroom and figured Madge had made them!! So thoughtful!

 
At 1:28 PM PDT, Blogger Heather Cox said...

Cute coasters! They do look very holiday-ish.

 
At 1:44 PM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

Thank you again for my adorable coaster set, Ellen! The fact that you combed my blog to find my color scheme makes me feel too too special.

It was so great visiting with you Sunday!

 
At 4:14 PM PDT, Blogger mary said...

I saw those and in the back of my mind, thought they were a gift from you. What a guess! Where are the rest of the pictures of her house?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery