Thursday, August 30, 2007

Antique Shops in the Desert

We drove toward the beautiful California desert today and stopped in Banning and Beaumont to check out their Antique Row. Lots and lots of shops. We're on our way to visit our friends in La Quinta for a few days. Yes, it's really hot here...at least 107 degrees. We've been staying in the air-conditioned car, the air-conditioned house or in the pool.
We stopped at Georgia's Quilt Shop...very interesting. Here are a few of the treasures we saw at the antique shops today:

Tomorrow, we'll hit the Palm Springs Museum and then maybe cool off in a sub-zero degree movie theater! Have a great weekend!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 7:25 AM PDT, Blogger Allison said...

Ellen, we must have driven by you. We stopped in Banning for a minute on our way home from Phoenix yesterday! Have a great weekend and I look forward to reading about what's out there!

 
At 10:39 AM PDT, Blogger Will Pillage For Yarn said...

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=6870360

I saw this pattern and immediately thought of you, so am leaving you the link here. :-)

Have a safe journey!

 
At 9:05 PM PDT, Blogger mehitabel said...

Inquiring minds want to know... how many of those treasures followed you home?? Thanks for the nostalgia tour--Himself loved to browse in antique shops and would have loved that! In fact, one of our punchbowl sets came from a shop in Banning!

 
At 8:00 AM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hey Marie! NONE of those antique treasures followed me home! I've figured out that it's better to capture the image of the object than to have to store and dust it! It took me years to learn this! Of course, if I'd come across some incredible knit or crochet book, or even some magnificent Sayelle, I would have bought it. We must maintain our priorities!

 
At 3:58 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My friend has one of those Xmas tree hangings, done in old jewelry. I have to say I really thought it was pretty and fancied making one myself one day. Of course I fancy myself doing a lot of things one day...that I never seem to get to. Right now I'm holding onto some cute denim pants of my granddaughter's, that have cute embroidery on them. I'm thinking of making something out of them along the lines of those denim purses. But then I realize I'll never really do it, and start to toss them into the donation bag....when my muse stops me and I pull them out again. Honestly, I need help.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery