Friday, January 18, 2008

Carla, This One's For You

I zoomed over to an estate sale on my lunch hour today. It's a sale held by a lovely company called Handle With Care. The sale will be going on all weekend (10am-3pm), so if you're interested, get on over to 238 South Anita Avenue, Brentwood, CA. The house is a late 1930's or early 1940's ranch style...very neat....lots of interesting items, especially books. Here's a little bit of the description from the sale flyer:

THIS BRENTWOOD COTTAGE HOLDS REMEMBRANCES AND RARITIES
LOVINGLY GATHERED FROM THE TWENTIES THROUGH THE FIFTIES.
A LIBRARY OF FINE READING & FIRST EDITIONS--Collected by
A Mark Twain Scholar & Civil War Buff; Children's Books;
Many Art Books; Early Magazines; Mission Drawings; MORE!

Handsome Georgian-Style Mahogany Furniture (1930's Fine
Reproductions-Solid Wood): Breakfront/Desk; Dining Table
with PawFeet, 6 Chairs; Bedroom Set; Lg. Dropleaf Table;
Wing Chair; Accent Tables; Carved Sml.Wall Curio Cabinet
Also 1940's "Modern" Bedroom Set; Chaise; TeaCart; Cedar
Chest; 2-Door Glass-Front Bookcase; '40's "Ranch Chair"

WATERCOLOR BY DOROTHY SKLAR "ROLLERCOASTER AT
OCEAN PARK"
Batchelder, Rookwood, & Roseville Art Pottery; 5 Brayton
Disney Dwarfs; Other California Pottery Figures; As Well
As Some Royal Copenhagen, Hummels, Gouda, Delft, Doulton

Costume Jewelry; Collection of Hand Bells; Antique Cast
Iron Mantle Clock; Records; Old Games; Ethnic Garments..
IN THE GARAGE: Old HandTools; Frames; ArtSupplies; Trunk

The reason for the title of this post is that there was a really nice old Singer sewing machine for sale. Carla has been writing about re-conditioning old sewing machines on her blog. She's REALLLLLY into it. So, Carla, take a drive over to Brentwood if you're interested in this cool old Singer. The price is $75 and they're taking bids.

Okay, I warned you! Have a marvelous weekend, everyone!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 3:56 PM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

WOW. Only 75 bones?! Gorgeous. *I* may have to take the drive to Brentwood, and I don't even sew!

 
At 4:56 PM PST, Blogger carlita dee said...

I must've stared at these pictures 20 times today! It's taken every ounce of reserve not to go to that sale just to "look" at this machine, lol.

Thanks for the machine po*rn!

 
At 8:44 AM PST, Blogger Jenn said...

Wow, it's beautiful! We love estate sales, and have lots of treasures from the many that we've been to!

 
At 2:47 PM PST, Blogger Viva Scrapper! said...

Oh that's so awesome....I need to get to more estate sales if I could get my act together to actaully leave the house on the weekends.

 
At 5:48 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did my Great Aunty Bee's "notions" get from Canada to that estate sale!? I think I have everything in the photos - although my inherited machine is from 1968 not 1868. I do love my Dritz's E-Z Hem plate thingy. Happy New Year Mizz Bloom!

Regards,
Aunty A

 
At 12:22 PM PST, Blogger Allison said...

I have one in my that I bought at an estate sale in Atlanta years ago. It's in a gorgeous wood case, and it's a handcrank Singer, with original sales slip! If anyone wants it, please contact me. Make an offer. Sadly, we just don't have room anymore.

 
At 6:30 PM PST, Blogger Dree said...

Ellen, I have my grandmother's old SInger, and it looks so much like this one! Only my cabinet has one door. This reminds me I need to take it to Tanners for a checkup!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery