Tuesday, January 08, 2008

I Couldn't Resist

Vintage Sayelle from Faith's Grandma's Collection
Yes, I know that the preferred yarns to knit and crochet with nowadays are natural fibers. Wool, cotton, bamboo, silk are all lovely. Since I learned to knit in the early 1960's, the yarn of preference in Southern California at the time was acrylic...better known as "Sayelle." Acrylic is my first yarn love. The colors can be vibrant and exciting. The newer acrylics can be soft and less scrunchy than the yarn of the 60's and 70's. This is Southern California! Most of the year the weather is mild. We don't need to wear no stinkin' wool here!

Ahem!

This is my qualification for succumbing to Marie's suggestion to purchase WEBS Mill Ends and Closeouts Acrylic for $1 per 220 yard skein if you purchase 10 skeins of one color.

May I present "Raspberry" and "Cherry".....100% virgin acrylic beauty.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 1:09 PM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

*SO* kind of you to provide the link (thereby enabling everyone with much needed acrylic enhancement). One thing we love about you is your absolute lack of yarn snobbery - you can make anything beautiful.

 
At 5:22 PM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

Raspberry and cherry...they look like jellybeans. Lots of jellybeans for $1. Can't wait to see what you whip up.

 
At 11:19 PM PST, Blogger mehitabel said...

Pretty colors! I'm so glad I was able to help add to your stash! Now, any orders for me since I'll be at Webs (in person!!) next week?
Oh, and if, in the course of attempting to get all my yarn into the same ZIP code, I find more Sayelle, guess whose name is going on it??

 
At 2:31 PM PST, Blogger DarcyArtsy said...

Say Elle, har har
I just love those colors. What will you whip up next?

 
At 8:10 PM PST, Anonymous super mario said...

Such an informative and colorful post! Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery