Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Yarn Doodling

Many people call this "swatching." I'm not really swatching for anything in particular. I left the house today without my knit/crochet tools. Luckily, I have a few crochet hooks in my purse. I also just happened to have two skeins of this gorgeous Koigu in my bag. I had knitted up this beret over the weekend, but after trying it on, I decided I didn't really like it, so I ripped it out.
I took out my size "H" crochet hook and started crocheting in the granite stitch. I love this stitch. It's drapey, the fabric lies flat and the woven look is faboo with Koigu and many other variegated yarns. Not sure if I'll make anything, but I do enjoy Yarn Doodling.

Labels:

12 Comments:

At 8:41 PM PST, Blogger carlita dee said...

That doodle will be a top-down raglan by Thursday.

 
At 9:36 PM PST, Blogger mj said...

Beyootiful! Love that colorway.

 
At 8:26 AM PST, Blogger Jenn said...

I wish my doodles looked so good! I like that stitch, I'll have to learn more about it!

 
At 10:06 AM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

as someone who has been seen in PUBLIC knitting with two pencils and gift wrapping ribbon because I forgot my WIP, I can DEFINITELY relate to the yarn doodles. Lucky you, you had actual yarn available. And such a beautiful yarn at that.

A lot of people don't understand why I sometimes just knit, not intending to knit anything. I don't know whether to be happy or concerned that the one person just like me is you. :)

 
At 7:07 AM PDT, Anonymous sheer underwear said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:09 AM PDT, Anonymous euromillion results said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:26 AM PDT, Anonymous handbags by mezon said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:50 PM PST, Anonymous Jaylee said...

Pretty! This has been an extremely wonderful post. Thank you

 
At 10:51 PM PST, Anonymous Cuevas said...

I found so many interesting stuff in this blog. Really its great

 
At 10:51 PM PST, Anonymous Brecken said...

Thank you for supplying this info. Really its great article. Keep it up

 
At 10:51 PM PST, Anonymous Hurst said...

Wow, happy to see this awesome post. Thanks for sharing a great info

 
At 10:52 PM PST, Anonymous Stein said...

Hi there to every body, this webpage contains amazing and excellent data.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery