Friday, July 04, 2008

Ready for Fireworks

I just had to crochet a quick headband to wear to our 4th of July party tonight. Stats: Size "H" crochet hook; bits of 100% virgin acrylic in red, white and blue. Chain 2, increase to 10 stitches; add stripes about 1/4 of the way down; continue with red, add stripes on other side; bring to a point to match other side.
I ended up baking a peach and apricot cobbler for dessert. I'll serve it with whipped cream. I also made some haystack cookies using melted chocolate chips and pretzel sticks. I think the semi-sweet with the salty should be yummy! Have a marvelous celebration!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 9:37 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Ellen...I love the patriotic headband! Nice work.

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 12:10 PM PDT, Blogger jillian said...

Love it!

Beautiful earrings and necklace too :)

And mnnnn, cobbler. I love cobbler and I so rarely find it in SoCal.

 
At 7:06 PM PDT, Blogger ChelleC said...

You look so cute in that headband. I'm making note of the fireworks headband for next year's 4th of July. I want one!

 
At 6:27 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

You are always very festive! The headband is perfectly patriotic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery