Thursday, July 03, 2008

Shock and Awe

Last Year's Lemon Flag Cake
This year we will be attending Carol's and Thane's 4th of July Party once again. Last year's event was divine and we hope to have a repeat performance. The area in Inglewood where Carol and Thane live is near this residential park called The Circle. The fireworks resemble Iraq-style bombings with colorful afterglow. It's really amazing.

Not sure if I'll bring my Lemon Flag Cake this year or Peach Cobbler (a version of my Blueberry Cobbler) or both!
The rest of the weekend will be taken up with relaxing, hanging out, etc. We have been invited to attend the Lithuanian Folk Dance Festival on Sunday at USC's Galen Center by Audrey and Jeff. Ooooo...that should be festive! I think I'll try to fit in and wear something embroidered. Have a marvelous holiday!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 4:42 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ellen...it's Larry. I'm finally commenting on your blog. Of course, I'm a fan of the lemon cake, but the cobbler sure is good. You make the decision, Honey.

 
At 6:55 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yumo! Happy 4th!

 
At 5:50 PM PDT, Blogger Dree said...

Hmmm...I wonder if those are the huge booms we will listen to all evening? After our trip to LMU to watch the MdR fireworks, of course :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery