Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Stash Enhancement

Cascade 220, Color #2414-Dark Rust

If anybody needs more yarn, it's certainly not me. I admit it. My name is Ellen and I'm a yarn-a-holic. There were so many great sales over the long weekend. I went to the Yarns Unlimited Sale on Friday and picked up some Cascade 220 (30% off) in a gorgeous dark rust color (my favorite), 6 skeins. I also knew that Wild Fiber (also in Santa Monica) was having a sale. I resisted over the weekend, but yesterday on my lunch hour I managed to swing by and pick up the most gorgeous Arucania sock yarn I've ever seen (50% off).
Araucania, Fingering Weight Yarn in Browns

Not sure what I'll do with either of these bundles of joy. Dreams of future projects are swirling around in my head.
Did you buy some new, fabulous yarn over the long weekend?

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 12:40 PM PST, Blogger betty said...

One of my favorite almost-local yarn shops (Green Planet Yarn) held a black friday sale, but I resisted and did not go. I think the one thing that stopped me was that I would have to drive about 25 minutes, which for me, is a long drive. (I know, I don't live in L.A.!)

 
At 2:36 PM PST, Blogger Kath said...

Since I spent my money at Michael's earlier in the week, there was no weekend yarn shopping for me!
I like the rust colored Cascade but I bet that sock yarn would make a yummy shawl.

 
At 5:12 PM PST, Blogger KnittingBlueContent said...

Ooo ooo ooo! I didn't even know Araucania made sock yarn!

It's probably better that I didn't know it, LOL.

Nice stash enhancement and it'll fit right in now, with all that house-addition work going on.

 
At 8:20 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Araucania sock yarn is soooo yummy, isn't it? I just found out that Malabrigo also makes sock =yarn. I'm doomed. If A Mano ever gets any in, I'm so so so done for.

I did actually get some lovely yarn over the weekend. I had a 10% off coupon for Blue Moon Fiber Arts that was due to expire, so I ordered enough yarn for two sweaters. I felt kinda guilty, I'm trying to support my brick and mortar LYSs over online stores during these crappy times, but I really couldn't let that coupon go to waste!

 
At 9:09 AM PST, Blogger jenna! said...

I was able to behave myself at Wild Fiber but fell into temptation over at A Mano on Friday. I was so proud of myself...just two skeins of Noro.

Then I went back on Saturday for 4 more skeins.

:-)

 
At 12:48 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did a mini yarn crawl on Friday, hitting Yarns Unlimited, Wildfiber and A Mano. Bought a sweater's worth of yarn at Wildfiber, but resisted temptation everywhere else. Your sock yarn makes me want to make another trip!

 
At 5:30 PM PST, Blogger Molly said...

So far I have resisted the Wildfiber Sale but after seeing that sock yarn I am weakening.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery