Friday, January 16, 2009

Me and 5,000 Others

Larry's Scarf

Want some quick knit satisfaction? Want to be endlessly pleased and amazed while you're knitting? Then, start knitting the Noro Striped Scarf! 5,000 people on Ravelry have made this scarf. There's even a Flickr site!
Ellen's Scarf

Since the colorways in Noro Kureyon and Noro Silk Garden are long, the striping affect by alternating rows with two different skeins, using a 1 x 1 rib, is infinitely entertaining. I finished the scarf I was knitting for Larry. I used Noro Kureyon #185 and #172, size 8 needles. I was so smitten by this scarf that I started one for myself using more #172 and then some odds and ends of leftover skeins of Kureyon from other projects. It's like the stripes have possessed me. There's some sort of mind-control going on here. I can't stop knitting!
Today is Natalie's birthday! She's galivanting around town today having a fine time, I'm sure. A few of us plan to meet up over the weekend and
celebrate some more! Happy Birthday, Sweetie!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 12:21 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your stripey scarf is gorgeous, Ellen! I'm going to knit one too. Thanks for the idea.

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 1:41 PM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Mussssssssssssssst....
Resisssssssssst...
the
MIND CONTROL!!!!

Really. I have no use for a scarf. But I *really* wanna make one, particularly since seeing you and harlot blog about 'em (and I have 2 skeins of silk garden at the bottom of a bin...)

{{Momentarily distracted by pretty, shiny object}} HAPPY BIRFDAY NATALIE!!!!

 
At 1:47 PM PST, Blogger Kath said...

Yup, I've heard the Noro stripe scarf is addictive. I'm on a yarn diet until after Stitches West though, so I'm holding fast!

Interesting - my verification word is "ventwine". Just imagine what that would taste like!

 
At 6:38 PM PST, Blogger Ana Petrova said...

I love Noro too! The scarf turned out lovely. See you tomorrow.

 
At 6:59 AM PST, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Wonderful! .Who cares how many others have knit it, outside of a knitting group it's a fresh look.

 
At 8:17 AM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

Hey Ellen & Monkey Gurl...Thanks for the Birthday shout out!

After seeing you and Carla working on your Noro Scarves I am itching to get back on that bandwagon. I have some silk garden hanging around too! I love the magic its revealing.

 
At 12:41 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeezy shoes
off white
supreme clothing
supreme
bape sta
off white jordan 1
yeezy shoes
air jordan travis scott
golden goose outlet
off white

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery