Tuesday, January 06, 2009

StayCation

Chabelita's has some awesome signage

I'm still on vacation. I have one more day of heaven before heading back to work. Really, I've just been goofing off. I've been knitting and crocheting ALOT. Yesterday I spent most of the day working on projects. Larry and I took a lunch break at Chabelita's on Western Ave., just north of the Santa Monica Freeway. I've written about Chabelita's before. There's an outdoor stand and then across the street, there's a sit-down restaurant. The food is REALLLLLY good (and cheap).
I had two chicken tacos, rice and beans. Larry had a fish taco, rice and beans. The rice is so flavorful, like it's cooked in chicken broth. The beans are super creamy. Even the tortillas used for the soft tacos are incredibly fresh. Lunch for two, with drinks - around $12.
Across the street from Chabelita's is this very cool mid-century modern, A-frame church. Larry caught some birds resting on top of the A-frame roof.
My dream party would be to have Chabelita's taco truck park in my driveway and serve a feast for all of my friends!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 4:04 PM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

I'll bring the XX's, Coronas, Negra Modelos, or Tecates!!

 
At 5:30 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummy looking lunch, Ellen!

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 5:52 AM PST, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Can I come to the party?YUM> I hope the truck is painted like the restaurant sign- I love when you show your LA commercial architecture and roadside graphics.We are so un-colorful around here.

 
At 7:37 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummy. I'm drooling.

 
At 10:22 AM PST, Blogger Annette said...

Mmmmm. Mexican food is my favorite. I'm always on the lookout for really good mexican. I'll have to try it sometime.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery