Thursday, January 01, 2009

New Year's Day Yarn-Stravaganza

"Eye of the Partridge" Scarf - Hacho Sock Yarn

One of my knit groups is holding a week-long "Feel Like A Floozy and Cast-on Projects with Wild Abandon" knit-along. I do this all the time, so for me this is almost normal behavior. I've started two projects today and one a few days ago. Who knows if I'll end up finishing these projects or not?

Top-Down Crocheted Cardigan, Araucania Yarn

The knit-along started today and lasts for a week. We'll see if any of these projects makes it to my project page on Ravelry!
Noro Kureyon, Crocheted & Felted Handbag

We had a nice New Year's Eve. Larry and I went to an early movie at the Landmark, West LA. We saw "The Wrestler" with Mickey Rourke an Marisa Tomei. Both were excellent in the film. This wasn't exactly an uplifting start to the new year, but we both liked the movie. Afterwards, we walked across the street to Gyu Kaku Japanese Barbecue for a delicious dinner, followed by a Red Mango yogurt dessert. Yum.
We rang in the new year quietly in front of the TV at home. Happy New Year!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 10:18 PM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

Yarn flooziness indeed. I am loving the yarn selections. They are all delicious. It was a quiet New Year's for us. I like it that way.

 
At 6:24 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellen...love the pattern for the bag. Is that your pattern? Also saw "The Wrestler" and really liked it. Lulu

 
At 7:41 AM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi Lulu,

The Noro handbag isn't really a "pattern." I'm just crocheting two panels in the wave pattern and then sewing them together, adding a handle, maybe a flap closure.

 
At 3:32 PM PST, Blogger Madge said...

Happy New Year, you hussy, you. I love all your Floozy cast ons.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery