Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Meme Quiz Show

TV Quiz Show from the 1950's

Natalie saw this quiz on Squirreled Away. She's asked that many of us play along. Since it's Christmas Eve and I'm cleaning and cooking, I thought I'd whip this out. Have a wonderful holiday, everyone. Natalie! Get rid of that cold you've got. Slurp some chicken soup and down some whiskey, please!

Here are the rules: Bold the things you've done & post on your blog!

1. Started your own blog - I've met so many people thru this blog!
2. Slept under the stars - Oh yeah...in my old, wild college days on the beach in San Diego.
3. Played in a band - Does high school marching band count? I played glockenspiel and cymbals. I've also been a member of some folk music groups.
4. Visited Hawaii - Many times! My love of the ukulele draws me there.
5. Watched a meteor shower - Out in the high desert of California.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland - Tons of times. We used to visit every year on New Year's day when I was a child. It was cold and not crowded.

Disneyland's Enchanted Tiki Room by Shag

8. Climbed a mountain - Inspiration Point in Idyllwild....does that count?
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo - I play guitar, banjo and ukulele. I've been on stage many times, singing and playing for crowds.
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris - 20 years ago. I loved it and want to go back.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea. My Dad owned several different boats when I was young. We often got caught out at sea during rain, hail, etc.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch - I taught myself to crochet. I've also attempted collage, silk-screening and linoleum block prints.
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning - Yuck. Only a few times, thank goodness.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty - When I was about 15, on a family trip.
18. Grown your own vegetables - Sweet potatoes in the back yard. I left them in the ground waaay too long and they ended up gnarled and huge.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France - on that trip 20 years ago.
20. Slept on an overnight train - From Portugal to France....same European trip.
21. Had a pillow fight - with girlfriends at a sleepover during grammar school.
22. Hitch hiked.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill - Many times!!
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping - In my wild, younger days.
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice - Only in Las Vegas, baby.
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset - Many, many times
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise - Not my most favorite type of trip. I feel trapped for more than two days at sea. We went to Puerta Vallarta.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors - I've always wanted to see Kiev in the Ukraine and the rest of Russia....some day.
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied - For about the past 3 years, until we started this home remodeling project! Now I'm broke again.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person.
39. Gone rock climbing - An old boyfriend tried to teach me. I went along for awhile, but wasn't too successful.
40. See Michelangeo's David.
41. Sung karaoke - Just a few times....argh...the recordings are always in the wrong key for me.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant - Does giving my "take-home" box o' food to a homeless person outside the restaurant count?
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight - Many times.
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted - by several other art students in painting class. Some of them are hilarious. I own a few.
48. Gone deep sea fishing - With a group of co-workers, off the coast of Santa Barbara. Fun, but tiring.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris - Been there, but not inside.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling - Snorkeling in Hawaii. Fantastic!
52. Kissed in the rain - Well, it doesn't rain much in L.A., but this is a lovely thing to do.
53. Played in the mud - in my youth
54. Gone to a drive-in theater - We used to have lots of drive-ins in the L.A. area. They're all gone now. The Olympic Drive-in at Olympic and Bundy was a favorite. So was the Studio Drive-in, Culver City. Many, many dates here. Did we see the movie? Huh?

There's a car dealership where the Olympic Drive-In was located

55. Been in a movie - Student films only.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class.
59. Visited Russia - See #34.
60. Served at a soup kitchen - One year, in the 80's at the L.A. Mission for Christmas.
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies - My Mom was Cookie Chairman when I was a Brownie.
62. Gone whale watching - This is a regular ocurrence when your Dad owns a boat.
63. Got flowers for no reason - a practical plant once in awhile. Sigh.
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma - Sure. Several times.
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check - Oh yeah...in my younger days.
68. Flown in a helicopter - To Avalon, Catalina...the airport in the sky...very fun!
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy - I have my original Barbie Dolls, along with the carrying case and many of the original Mattel clothes. I also still have a few old board games.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial - Love Washington D.C. The Lincoln Memorial is very impressive.
71. Eaten Caviar - Sure. I'm Russian, remember?
72. Pieced a quilt - One very small one.
73. Stood in Times Square - Many times. Love New York. I'm kind of sad that the grunginess has gone.
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job - From a temp job that I just couldn't stand.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone - Had my right leg broken at age 12 to re-set and straighten a bowed leg.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle - One of my old b.f.'s used to ride a big ol' Moto Guzi. That was fun!
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person - About 4 years ago. OK, it's big, but I really wasn't that impressed. It was a foggy, hazy day.
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car - Every other car that I've owned has been new. The others were hand-me-downs from my folks. The new cars: Dodge Colt, Toyota Tercel, Toyota RAV 4, Toyota Matrix. I have a love of dependable Toyotas!
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper - Once when my Brownie Troop was at the unveiling of this statue on the traffic island at Beverly Dr. and Olympic in Beverly Hills. Other times for hosting my old blues radio show on KPCC-FM radio.
85. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year's Eve - Not really a stranger, but a guy I just met at a N.Y's Eve party.
86. Visited the White House - During the Nixon Administration. Inside and Out. Quite interesting.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating - Fishies only.
88. Had chickenpox - My Mom tells me that the only childhood disease I had was mumps, on one side!
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury - A couple of times. Boring.
91. Met someone famous - I've met tons of rock 'n roll, blues and roots musicians through my old radio show.
92. Joined a book club - In the 80's.
93. Lost a loved one - My Dad
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person - Larry and I were there in the early 90's. It's smaller than you would expect.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone - I still have my first cell phone. It's a dinosaur model, but it still works.
99. Been stung by a bee

Feel free to join the fun and post this quiz on your blog! Merry Christmas!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 2:47 PM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

You *are* a wild and crazy gal!!

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukkah, Krazy Kwanzaa to you and Mr. Larry!

 
At 3:20 PM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

I love the addition of the pictures! Can I come over and play with your Barbies? The music is a nice touch. I am off to nip the whiskey!

 
At 4:35 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

 
At 6:18 AM PST, Blogger justclaire said...

Ooh what a fun meme - I'll play along! I'll put it on my blog very soon.

Merry Christmas!

 
At 4:13 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I grew up at the Olympic... But it was at Olympic and Bundy.... Thanks for the memory...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery