Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Puffy Cardi

CAN THIS CARDIGAN BE SAVED?

Yes, I believe it can. This is the same pattern as my new navy blue Chevron Lace Cardigan. I upped the hook size to "K" instead of "J"; I added two pattern repeats to make the front wider; I steamed it a bit too much. Yikes! This is a puffy cardigan. It resembles a bed jacket. Of course, I took the photo under poor conditions in my workplace ladies room again....bad lighting....kinda' quick.
I decided that I do need a collar. The collar will open up the cardi and give it less of a smock-look. Once I add a collar, then I'll sew on some buttons. I'm going to lightly moisten this cardi and run it thru the clothes dryer a bit in hopes that it will shrink a little.
All in all, I do like the yarn and the color. I'm determined to fix this cardi! Next time I make this pattern with worsted weight yarn I'll go back to the "J" hook.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 1:42 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you thought about weaving a ribbon through the color and maybe down the center?

 
At 2:11 PM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Good idea, Lauren...about the ribbon. Since the pin I wore this morning at the top of the sweater broke, I wove my scarf through the holes near the neck edge. Weaving a ribbon thru the entire neck edge may be a little too "young" for me...I'll try it before I knit a collar.

After wearing this sweater for one day, I also want to make the sleeves a little longer.

This yarn (Cascade 220) doesn't drape as well as my navy cardy (Caron Simply Soft). There's something to be said about acrylic!!!

 
At 3:08 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you, Ellen. The sleeves should be a little longer and I think you look better with a collar. It gives the sweater more structure. The rusty color is really great on you though. This sweater is definitely worth trying to save!

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 6:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's such a great color, definitely worth saving!

And if it's still a little bit puffy when you are done, well, it is always nice to have at least one ultra comfy sweater that one can wear when one wants to cuddle up into something that feels like a big hug, right?

 
At 6:24 PM PST, Blogger Monique Marie Sauniere said...

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Yeah, I know you wanted to tweak it a bit. But to tell you the truth, I thought the blue one looked fabulous the way it was!

 
At 7:38 PM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

Wow. Another cardigan down. I think a collar would do the trick. The color is fabu!

 
At 3:39 AM PST, Blogger inkberryblue said...

I think it looks pretty as it is...and I love the colour. This cardigan is on my To Do list so I'm looking forward to seeing the modifications you make.

 
At 11:22 AM PST, Blogger Madge said...

I'm late to the party...how'd it turn out with the changes you wanted to do? Well, at the very least you have a nice, snuggly wear-at-home sweater!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery