Monday, February 02, 2009

The Anti-Super Bowl

exterior photo, courtesy of A Mano Yarn Center
Yes, yes, I know...yesterday was Super Bowl Sunday. Larry went to a Super Bowl party at a friend's house. Although I do my share of sitting in front of the TV and knitting or crocheting, having football on the tube for 4+ hours just wasn't my idea of a fun day. Instead, I hooked up with a few of my friends from the Fairview Knitters group and we met at A Mano Yarn Center in Mar Vista for their Anti-Super Bowl Party!
It was great! At the peak of the day, there were probably about 20 of us there. Everyone brought some great food to share...pizza, chicken, salads, cookies, cake, soft drinks, etc. We sat around, talked, ate and got down to some serious knitting and crocheting! Naturally, there was a sale going on and I had to pick up a few skeins of yarn while there. For me, it was a perfect way to spend Super Bowl Sunday! I must hang out at A Mano more often. Thanks, Shannita and Annette for hosting a wonderful gathering.
I did get home in time to see Bruce Springsteen and the E-Street Band for the half-time show (fantastic). I also got in a bit of the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet. Hilarious.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 8:33 AM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

Looks like a good way to spend any day to me! I infused my Steeler scarf with the love of the Super bowl and the win. hehe

Springsteen looked good. I loved the crotch slide into the camera.

 
At 11:18 AM PST, Blogger carlita dee said...

Fun time! I'd say you guys scored, heh heh.

I've had a crush on The Boss since I don't know when. He still looks honkin' good.

 
At 2:25 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea...to hang with the knitster girls on SB Sunday!

Judy
Bakersfield

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery