Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Construction Progress

Bathroom Tile

It's been a long haul, since early August 2008, but we're finally nearing the end of our home construction project. The hardwood floor is in. Larry is working on the vinyl flooring in the laundryroom. The bathroom vanity cabinet is installed and the bathroom tile is in the works.
Vanity Cabinet Countertop

Of course, we're running out of money for the finishing touches. Larry and I have both been tapping funds that we shouldn't tap. Argh! Luckily, we're both employed, so that helps in these shaky economic times. I forsee a beautiful master bedroom suite without any furniture or window coverings! I'm sure we'll make do. I'm just excited that it's almost done!!!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 12:55 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Ellen, your new room is looking good! Congratulations on your progress.

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 1:23 PM PDT, Blogger mj said...

Oh, it's going to be beautiful!! And two bathrooms!! I'm telling you, it's the greatest.

 
At 4:17 PM PDT, Blogger Ana Petrova said...

Woooo hooo! Two bathrooms, now that is a luxury! Construction is not pleasant and it's always 5 times slower than they tell you. But the end result is worth it!

Enjoy!

 
At 1:37 AM PDT, Blogger justclaire said...

Oh, what I would give for a separate laundry room. It's something I've never got used to about living in the UK. Most houses have their washing machines in the kitchen, and don't get me started on the washing machines themselves........ front loading, ridiculously small machines that take FOREVER to do one load of washing!

Your new construction is really starting to look fabulous and I can't wait to see the pics of the completed project!

Claire

 
At 12:35 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

*SO* jealous. The hardwood flooring looks beautiful. Hey, does "one" throw a housewarming party for a partial new house? If so, I'd like to submit my reservation now...

 
At 3:30 PM PDT, Blogger WineGrrl said...

Groovay!

 
At 11:02 AM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Everything is really coming together! Can't wait to take another tour.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery