Friday, July 10, 2009

Vintage Photo Friday

Debbie Reynolds Knits
In-between cleaning and re-arranging at home this weekend, I will be knitting and crocheting with groups...Saturday morning with the WeHo SnB, 10am to noon at the Original Farmers Market, upstairs dining area. Then, from 3:30 to 5:30 I'll be at the Fairview Branch of the Santa Monica Library in the patio.
I've come across a few vintage photos online of celebrities knitting. I thought I'd share them with you to kick off a crafty weekend for all!

Skipper and Barbie Knit

More Vintage Photo Friday

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At 12:13 PM PDT, Anonymous dobco said...

Unfortunately...I DON'T knit! I do crochette...does that count?

 
At 12:34 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Crocheting in public (and private) is perfectly acceptable, dobco!

 
At 12:42 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Cool photos. I would have liked to knit with Cary Grant. ;)

 
At 2:08 PM PDT, Blogger Beth said...

Too cool!! It's always nice to see that superstars have a knitting side too!

Have fun this weekend!
Beth in Austin

 
At 2:18 PM PDT, Blogger Beth McDermott Oliver said...

Look at the pointy fingernailed hands helping Cary knit. Eeewww!

Beth O.

 
At 4:26 PM PDT, Blogger Kelli B said...

Oh I love the picture of Audrey. She is my absolute favorite star of all time. Her line from Breakfast at Tiffany's about switching the blueprints and knitting a ranch house is on my fridge!

 
At 7:09 PM PDT, Blogger Jean said...

What a great theme for a vintage photo friday. Each photo made me reflect on it a bit. Do you think Marilyn could actually knit?

 
At 8:57 AM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

GROMMIT KNITS!!!! (Thanks for including him - he's my favorite!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery