Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Continuous Concrete

Excavating the New Driveway
Last week the workmen starting digging out our yard to lay the concrete driveway and walks. Phew! That's one dusty job. There were five guys working on our 150 foot driveway. The digging and grading is done. Hopefully, in the next few days, the concrete will be poured.

Sideyard - Time for a New Gate!

Of course, there were various little problems along the way. Our previous neighbor (Marion) had her sprinkler lines laid on our property. Larry had to re-direct a few of our current neighbor, Miguel's, sprinkler lines so they wouldn't be buried under our concrete.

There will be a significant drop-off from the walkway to our front door to the new driveway. For now, we'll just place a temporary step there. We definitely have to re-think the entrance walkway to our house. It's always been a problem, having people traipse across a wet front lawn directly into our house. Larry and I will be walking around the neighborhood to see how other homeowners have solved these problems.

Larry and Neighbor-Miguel Confer on Driveway Construction
After the paving, the exterior house-painting begins! Woo Hoo! Landscaping soon to follow! Of course, I'd like our landscaping to look like this when we're finished:
Hahahahahaha!
Addendum: Today, the cement mixer trucks showed up! The guys will be pouring cement all morning!

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At 2:02 PM PDT, Blogger susanc said...

That will be so nice to have finished - it's looking good! I think I know where the bottom photo was taken - Descanso Gardens?

 
At 2:20 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Ding, ding, ding! You are correct, Susan. The last photo is of the lush and beautiful landscaping at Descanso Gardens. Oh! How I'd love to be able to afford their team of gardeners!

 
At 5:11 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! You've really made a lot of progress. The driveway should be great.

Hey! I recognize your neighbor, Miguel from "Medium" on TV! Cool.

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 6:08 PM PDT, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Glad you linked Miguel to his IMDB profile because I thought "am I crazy? Is Ellen so LA that her neighbors look JUST LIKE TV stars/actors?
Turns out they do.Are.
Good luck with the new landscaping.

 
At 9:19 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Progress marches on a Chez Bloomhill.

 
At 8:11 AM PDT, Anonymous Wen said...

Tell Miguel you have a friend who worked with him on the "Tortilla Heaven" re-shoots. I <3 Miguel!

 
At 9:44 AM PDT, Blogger jenna! said...

Awesome progress! Don't you just love that when you solve one issue, 3 more pop up? Love that.

When I saw you picture of Miguel, I went with my L.A. rule...if they *look* like the guy, they are the guy. Glad I was right!

:-)

 
At 5:13 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

HAH! I am Not-Jenna: Whenever I see someone that I *think* I recognize as an actor, I assume they are not that person, and I am just an idiot. Of course, in your tony neighborhood, I should have gone with the gut.

I'm excited for you and your new, fancy driveway.

 
At 11:15 AM PDT, Blogger carlita dee said...

I like the serious manlooks sported by Larry and Miguel.

 
At 6:57 AM PDT, Blogger Sorka said...

Hey!!The place is shaping up!! When you all are done with your place, come on out to Ohio and enjoy some nice cool weather and tell me what to do with mine!!
I do love the serious 'men' looks hehe so funny!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery