Thursday, April 01, 2010

April Fool's Day

Ellen and Mom on a happier day

I'm not a big fan of April Fool's pranks and jokes. The ONE time I played a prank it backfired on me, BIG TIME! I was about 10 years old. Before my Mom awoke in the morning, I switched the sugar with salt in the sugar shaker, near the coffee pot. My Mother was SOOOOO mad when she took her first sip of salty hot coffee that morning. I didn't hear the end of it for years! I was grounded... no TV, no listening to the radio or record player, no dessert, no friends over after school! It was torture. I learned my lesson. Don't mess with Mom's coffee....EVER!
Here are a few of the latest public April Fool's pranks circulating today.

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

At 2:41 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, as someone who is a *scary beast* in the mornings before I've had my first cup of coffee, I can only imagine your mother's fury! I've got to say this made me laugh though :)

 
At 2:44 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Haha! Marielle! Glad I made you laugh. I never liked coffee or could see what the fuss was all about. To this day, I STILL don't drink the stuff!

 
At 4:16 PM PDT, Blogger Sarah said...

Haha - a clever trick, but perhaps better played on a sibling instead of those in control of grounding! Happy April Fool's Day!

 
At 4:48 PM PDT, Blogger RHRandle said...

Ooh, you were a rotten little kid, weren't you! How long were you grounded for?

Wish you were going to Pilot Mountain next weekend. I'm sure Ken could find an instrument for you to use. Happy Spring!

 
At 4:58 PM PDT, Blogger Beth McDermott Oliver said...

Tee hee! Do you suppose she would get pissed off all over again if you reminded her of it? Give it a try - I dare you.

 
At 5:23 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

I bet she's still upset. You're such the little devil!

 
At 1:25 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellen, you don't seem like the type of person to play a prank like that, even if you were 10 years old. LOL People are pretty serious about that first cup of coffee in the morning.
~Joan

 
At 5:38 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dad was always the prankster in our house! He would get me every time. Sounds like your mom was very serious about her coffee!

 
At 5:33 AM PDT, Blogger carlita dee said...

No music and no friends over?! I can see how that would've been torture for you!

 
At 3:53 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Seems like a tough punishment...you really got your mom and she got you. Not being a caffeine fiend I don't really get either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery