Saturday, April 03, 2010

Hint O' Mint for Easter

I baked this Hint O' Mint cake last year and it was a rousing success. Larry and I are celebrating Easter with some friends tomorrow. I was asked to bring a dessert. I thought the Hint O' Mint Cake would be a perfect, spring-like addition to the menu.
It's an easy cake to make. It's just a devil's food chocolate cake with buttercream frosting. I added some peppermint extract to the cake batter and to the frosting. I also added some mint green chips to the cake frosting and melted them in the microwave. I added just a touch of green food coloring to the frosting too. After frosting the bundt cake, I topped it with a few York's Peppermint Pattys. I will serve the rest of the Peppermint Pattys in bowls, next to the cake. Yum!!!
Are you baking anything special for Easter tomorrow?

3 Comments:

At 3:11 PM PDT, Blogger carlita dee said...

Sure is purdy!

 
At 3:44 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

You know what else would be yummy on top - Thin Mints. Your cake looks fab. YUmmmmmmm

 
At 8:32 AM PDT, Blogger Kyle William said...

OK that looks AMAZINGLY yummy - hope you have a fantastic Easter :) - miss you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery