Monday, May 10, 2010

Delicious Mother's Day

It was a good Mother's Day at our house. Mom and Hal came over for brunch. We served our typical Bloom-Family feast of lox, whitefish salad, bagels, cream cheese, fruit salad. I added some cold asparagus. For dessert I baked a recipe I found on the Cooking with Trader Joe's blog: Lemon Basil Cake with strawberries.

We had fun, reminiscing about Mother's Days in the past, talking recipes and opening presents!
I crocheted Mom a pineapple-shaped scarf, made from Berroco Comfort yarn. She loved it! Larry gave Roz some of her favorite candy from Littlejohn's. All in all, it was a warm family celebration. How was your Mother's Day?

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 5:45 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your celebration went so well! My mom and I have been estranged for some time now, but I still sent her a mothers day card. kinda funny, i was in the hallmark store looking through cards, and i started to giggle....how do you pick out a card for some one you don't even speak to??? :) or better yet, getting one for my MIL. How do you pick out a card for somebody you don't even like?? HA!

 
At 9:43 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That cake looks so yummy! Nice job celebrating your mom.

Hugs,
Christine G.

 
At 5:05 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Fabulous brunchiness. Everything looks yummy.

 
At 1:24 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Your mom looks great, and she sure knows how to raise 'em right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery