Tuesday, September 28, 2010

THE topic of conversation!

Tallulah Bankhead, 1932
From
Modern Mechanix Blog


Yes, it's the heat in Los Angeles. Yesterday, it was 113 degrees F. in downtown L.A. A record high temperature. Everyone's talking about it. Our summer was very mild, even cold. We had sunny days, but lower than usual temps. NOW, the Sun Devil is exacting his revenge.
We do have air-conditioning in our house, but really only run it when we have a houseful of people. Generally, if we open windows and operate strategically placed electric fans, then our house remains comfortable. Not recently though. We had to run the a/c last night for a few hours to cool down the place. Ugh! I do like warm weather, but not THIS warm.
Is this weather making you cranky?

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 2:57 PM PDT, Anonymous Jo Anne said...

I for one welcome the heat and I only say this because back in June I spent $5000 on a new a/c unit for my home. Finally getting some use out of it. It is pretty dreadful - even down here in Santa Monica. My car said 100 when I crossed Bundy on my way home yesterday. That is HOT!!

 
At 4:00 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Doooooood. Not having a/c, I needed a glass of wine AND cough medicine to get any sleep last nite. I'm thinking (hoping, praying) tonite is not quite as bad.

 
At 10:05 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soooo cranky. Holy cow. My daughter last night said, "Just a little." when I said, "Gosh I've been cranky this week. THe heat makes me so cranky."

Then she made sure I knew she meant that ironically and that "little"="like living with a rather irritated bear."

Please marine layer. Come back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery