Thursday, September 16, 2010

Tawada

Last week, Larry and I decided to try a little Japanese restaurant on Pico Boulevard, not far from our house. Tawada is located near a stop for the new Expo Metro Line, just east of Rimpau. Once the Expo Line opens, Tawada will be packed!! This is a rather unlikely spot for a Japanese restaurant. It's surrounded by pawn shops, car repair places, chain fast-food restaurants and the Mid-Town Crossing Shopping Center.We ordered what we usually order at Japanese restaurants. These dishes are our barometers for food testing. Kind of bland and boring, but we can tell if we like a place by this combination. We shared an order of California Roll. I had Chicken Udon, Larry had the Tempura Combo Plate. Everything was delicious (but a bit mild...spices on the table), served beautifully and priced reasonably. We will definitely return to Tawada. We ate inside the spotless dining area, but I like the outdoor covered patio too. Hmmm? This might be an unexpected and excellent spot for a ladies crochet & knit luncheon!!
Tawada Sushi & Teriyaki
4601 W. Pico Blvd., LA, CA 90019
323/964-8199
Mon-Thur 11am-8pm; Fri. 11am-9pm; Sat. noon-8pm

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 3:14 PM PDT, Anonymous Jo Anne said...

All of it looks lovely! BTW, I checked out all of your food trucks today. I like Ahn Joo. Have you tried that one? Yummy tofu skewers.

 
At 3:37 PM PDT, Blogger Jenn said...

It looks just wonderful - and if I were nearby, I think it would be a perfect spot to sit and knit/crochet! I love your deliberate testing process. It makes so much sense!

 
At 2:04 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Huh. I always wondered about that place. It looks so... lonely. I wonder if the Panda Express gives it much competition?

Good to know it is both tasty and spotless - makes me more inclined to actually stop by next time I'm there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery