Monday, April 25, 2011

Take My Picture

On Friday night, photographer Gary Leonard celebrated his birthday at his gallery Downtown by having a giant sale of all of his photos! It was quite a scene! We saw so many people that we knew! Gary's photos appeared for years in CityBeat, the L.A. Weekly, Downtown News and more. He covered the punk rock scene in L.A. during the 80's and has been taking photos of our fair City for most of his life!

Gary Leonard (left) with his fans


My husband, Larry and Gary actually went to the same high school at almost the same time and kinda' knew each other back then. In later years, they shared stories and photos from the past and found each other in their old pictures quite often! I just love hangin' around L.A. photo geeks!
I took LOTS of photos of people buying photos! Happy Birthday, Gary!

Gary's son, David Leonard
Future Studio's Amy Inouye

Artist, Stuart Rapeport

I even ran into an old friend from my ISOMATA days, Paul Young, who now imports and distributes fine wines from his Downtown L.A. office. Very small world!
Paul Young, Ellen B.I shot this cover photo for Gary's 1999 book

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 9:09 PM PDT, Anonymous Suzette said...

You are L.A. royalty!

 
At 10:01 AM PDT, Anonymous Richard Henderson said...

A wonderful post, as always Ellen.

And, here, a non sequitur, yet somehow close to your own M.O.:

http://inhabitat.com/juliana-santacruz-herrera-repairs-paris-potholes-with-cheery-renegade-knitting/

 
At 10:18 AM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

OMG! Richard! This is even better than yarn bombing! At least this is useful for potholes....L.A. has MANY potholes! thank you. I will post to my yarny friends!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery