Thursday, June 23, 2011

My Love Affair

Farmers Market, 1960's

Yes, I'm in love with the Original Farmers Market. It's no secret. I'm there at least once a week, many times, more often. It's close to our house. It serves as my own outdoor patio. Since I do have dinner there quite often, I'm getting kinda' jaded and tired of the cuisine. Which is crazy, because there are so many choices for food at the Market.


Maybe I'm turning into my Mom. She never likes any food at any restaurant. Everything is "just O.K." by her, never fabulous.


The Farmers Market at 3rd and Fairfax in the center of Los Angeles is the best place to people-watch. There are tourists during the summer, visitors to live TV shows at next-door's CBS,-TV City celebrities, local folks and more. Now that The Grove Shopping Center is next-door, the traffic at the Market has doubled in the past few years. There are tons of dining choices at the Market. You can get anything from classic corned beef and cabbage to gourmet Mexican cuisine and delicately flavored Singapore specialties.


Last week I was waiting for my Enchiladas Suizas at Loteria Grill while I perused the side of the stand and their colorful mural of Loteria playing cards. I noticed that they had added a Farmers Market tower card! So cute!


Back to the food choices. This is Los Angeles. We have first class restaurants here. In my experience, MOST of the food at the stands at the Market is rather ho-hum and over-priced. Sacrilege! How dare I diss my fave place in Los Angeles?!? Well, it's true. I have this love-hate relationship with the restaurants at the Market. They are catering to the tourist trade and not the locals. This fact has not changed my habits. I will still hang out at the ever-charming Farmers Market. It's part of my life. However, I might not eat there quite as often. There's a Whole Foods across the street with an awesome take-out section!

Upstairs Dining Area. This is where our Thursday Night SnB Meets

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 1:34 PM PDT, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

I always forget about how many food choices are there. I stick to the one side (near our knitting haven) and completely forget about the Gumbo Pot, French Crepe Co, Patsy's Pizza, Moishe's, Deano's, Market Grill, pretty much that whole side with the Banana Leaf, et al.

Now I'm hungry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery