Friday, August 12, 2011

Vintage Photo Friday

1948, Chicago. Aunt Luba on the left, Grandma Vera, Cousin Marty.
On the very right is Cousin Jackie and Cousin Masha. Uncle Sasha has his arms around Marty


I recently came into possession of my Great Aunt Luba's photo album. My cousin, Craig has had it since Luba passed away in 1989. When Craig heard that I was compiling a family archive, he gave me Luba's photos. Wow! It's a treasure trove of Great Grandma Vera Bloom's family when they lived in Chicago and also in the Ukraine, before 1911. I recognize many of the people, but will ask my cousins tomorrow who some of the mystery people are.

1948, Chicago. Morris, Luba, Rita, Marty
Great Grandma Vera

I look forward to seeing all of my cousins, aunts and uncles tomorrow. Have a wonderful weekend!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 12:23 AM PDT, Anonymous Suze said...

Will you be at SnB?

 
At 7:48 AM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

I won't be there this morning, Suze. I'm getting ready for the family reunion. See you Thursday!

 
At 8:43 AM PDT, Anonymous Suze said...

Have fun!

 
At 4:01 AM PDT, Blogger ChelleC said...

It's so great that you have such a family - and such an album. My husband's family is from Kiev and what we wouldn't give for the old family photos. We know very little about those folks except through stories passed down.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery