Monday, October 10, 2011

Bread Pudding B-Day Cake


More on the actual event tomorrow, but I must boast first about the bread pudding I made for Beth's birthday celebration.
I used Paula Deen's recipe. It's filled with sugar! You could definitely leave out some of the sugar and still have a fabulous bread pudding with whiskey sauce!
I wanted the bread pudding to be round instead of the usual rectangular shape so that it resembled a birthday cake. I used my spring form pan. I substituted egg bread challah instead of Italian bread. Also, the recipe does not call for raisins. I added raisins and pecans. I soaked the raisins in brandy before adding them to the pudding mixture. The pudding turned out better than I expected. I heated up the whiskey sauce before serving it on the room-temp pudding. We were in a sugar coma for the rest of the afternoon!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 3:06 PM PDT, Blogger Evelyn said...

Oohh, I'm a huge bread pudding fan and this one looks scrumptious! Whiskey sauce? What's not to love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery