Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Hearts Galore

"Cathy" by Cathy Guisewite

I love hearts. I have lots of heart-shaped jewelry. I know it's a cliché, but I can't help it. I like hearts.
Last year at this time I found this pattern for the "Hearts Desire" doily. I crocheted TONS of these doilies in all different weight yarns. I was possessed. I gave them to my yarny girlfriends around Valentine's Day.

Last year's heart doilies

This year I'm only slightly possessed by this filet crochet heart square. I've even started an afghan using this square with the Dottie Angel method of joining squares!
So far, I've made three cotton wash cloths in this heart-square pattern. I really like this pattern. I don't know if I'll go as crazy this year as I did last year.

Blue Sky Alpaca Worsted Cotton
Peaches and Creme Worsted Cotton
Zitron Samoa Sport Weight Polished Cotton

Have you made any heart-shaped items for Valentine's Day yet?

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 12:18 PM PST, Anonymous Suzette said...

Hi Ellen. I love hearts, too! That washcloth is very cute. I haven't even finished my SnB Valentine Swap project yet. :0

 
At 3:23 PM PST, Blogger Evelyn said...

That is such an awesome pattern!

 
At 6:22 AM PST, Blogger subliminalrabbit said...

How fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery