Thursday, March 29, 2012

Crowns

Two of Larry's Mardi Gras Crowns. Ellen's Tiara

Among my many obsessions, I like crowns and tiaras. I try to wear my rhinestone tiara whenever appropriate, especially on festive occasions.

Queen Darcy

I wanted to crochet a birthday crown for Darcy last week. I modified my previous Mardi Gras design and came up with a sweet little cotton number. It looks great on Darcy! My friend, Suzette was at our house before I gifted Darcy with the crown and she modeled it for me too! This must be a universal style. It looks regal on everyone!

Princess Suzette

Stats: Hobby Lobby's I Love This Cotton, worsted weight yarn, size "F" hook. The "gems" are made from bits of Patons Grace Cotton, using a size "D" hook...they are bobbles, sewn onto the crown. I edged the top of the crown with some more Patons Grace cotton, adding a modified bobble to each crown point. I used a pineapple edge design I found in one of my pattern books for the crown portion. The bottom part of the crown is just single crochet, in the back loop for flexibility.


For my next foray into tiara creation, I think I'll try a bandeaux version, similar to the one our Princess of Ravelry, Mary-Heather and her friend, Sarah are wearing here.

Mary-Heather & Sarah in bandeaux-style crocheted tiaras
by Allison Hoffman

Crochted crowns are the perfect hat for warm and sunny SoCal!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 3:06 PM PDT, Anonymous Suze said...

Yippee, I am honored to be on your blog. Plus, a record of my nose, pre-surgery!!! Love the crown. I will make one someday.

 
At 5:38 PM PDT, Anonymous Cindy said...

Nice post which It is used a pineapple edge design I found in one of my pattern books for the crown portion. The bottom part of the crown is just single crochet, in the back loop for flexibility. Thanks a lot for posting this article.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery