Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Striped Fez

"Bold Contrast Square Hat" by Kalpna Kapoor
On Saturday, my yarny friend, Leo gifted me with a belated b-day gift. I'd seen this hat on Leo at an El Segundo Knitters Guild meeting awhile back and admired it. So, Leo crocheted one for me. I do like that this hat looks like a fez, reminiscent of exotic, mysterious men of the east or Shriners! In fact, I've even crocheted a baby fez myself!

Leo's Marakkesh Express Hat

Leo asked for my head measurements. I gave them to him. For some reason, his gauge must have been off a bit. My fez turned out kinda' small, more like a fascinator than a traditional hat! A fascinator is a tiny hat that perches on the edge of your head, with a jaunty slant. I do like my jaunty fez...I think it's cute.....and rather fascinating!

Ellen's Marakkesh Express Fascinator, by Leo
A Couple of Crazy Fez Ladies

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 12:14 PM PDT, Anonymous Hooker Leo said...

Leo shouldn't drink apple-tinis while crocheting. :D Ha ha ha ha ha!

 
At 12:25 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hahahaha! Ohhhh! So THAT'S what happened!! LOL

 
At 1:08 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute, and jaunty!

Christine G.

 
At 11:07 PM PDT, Blogger blandina said...

I prefer the fascinator, it looks charming on you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery