Wednesday, August 14, 2013

My Talented Friends

Felted "Hallmark" card from Mr. Larry.  There are BIRDS on it!

Last month I celebrated my b-day.  It wasn't a "special" b-day.  I tried to keep it kinda' quiet.  HOWEVER, I do have some wonderful friends that just will not let me forget my day.  Since I'm an artistic and crafty person, I do love it when my artistic and crafty friends make me personal creations.  I'm always up for an extra washcloth, scarf or any other one-of-a-kind item.  My pals came through this year!
Eyeglass Pillow by Natalie Y.

First up, the secondary star of my blog, Miss Natalie of Hollywood, crocheted, sewed and embroidered this FANTASTIC pillow for me.  The his 'n hers glasses represent me and the primary star of my blog, Mr. Larry!  I LOVE this pillow!  It works in my craft room (above) AND in the living room (below).
Natalie got the idea from this Purl SoHo pattern, but added her own clever embroidery!  Yes, the entire front of the pillow is single crochet!
 
Purl Soho Pattern

Natalie did not stop there.  Next up, she found this adorbs ukulele fabric and sewed TWO little pouches!  It helps to work in a fabric shop and be inundated with excellent fabric on a daily basis!
Ukulele Pouches by Natalie Y.

I recently participated in the 2013 Annual Dishcloth Swap on Ravelry.  A few of my WeHo SnB friends joined in.  I ooooohed and ahhhhed over Mary Jo's and Suzette's dishcloths enough that they made extras for me!!!  I love them! 
 
Mary Jo's Linoleum Dishcloth

Suzette added two teensy tiny-mochi mochi love birds too.  Aren't they cute?
Suzette's Teensy Tiny-MochiMochi Lovebirds and WahmingIt Dishcloths

Awhile back, Natalie gifted me with this beautiful colorway of Noro thread.  I tried and tried to figure out how to use this skinny thread.  I'm more of a sport-weight knitter and/or crocheter.  HOWEVER, my WeHo SnB friend, Yuki is a super thread knitter.  She offered to make me a shawlette out of Natalie's beautiful thread!  Behold, Yuki's "Soneto Shawl" knit with Noro Kirameki thread on very small needles!  This shawl is sooo beautiful.  The drape and weight are wonderful...very light and airy.  This pattern perfectly utilized the self-striping nature of the yarn. 
Yuki's Soneto Shawl in Noro Kirameki Singles

Another dear friend from my WeHo SnB group, Brenda, is a gifted jewelry artist.  She crafted a chatelaine with folding scissors for me!  It's pretty AND useful!
Folding Scissors Chatelaine by Brenda B. of Blue Onyx Expressions


The afore-mentioned 2013 Dishcloth Swap happened right around my birthday.  So even though these are not birthday gifts, my swapped cloths are all lovely.  I was also lucky to receive two bonus dishcloths from the moderators of the group, Eve and Michele!  Thank you!!!
Dishcloth Swap Booty
Bonus Cloths from Eve and Michele

Phew!  I'm such a lucky lady to have so many talented friends!  Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 11:42 PM PDT, Blogger Lori said...

All are swoon worthy! Yuki's shawl takes my breath away!

 
At 12:37 AM PDT, Blogger Brenda said...

Gorgeous gifts! You are lucky to have such great friends.

 
At 12:37 AM PDT, Blogger Brenda said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:14 AM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi Lori! Ooops, sorry! I forgot to post your beautiful floral arrangement! Well, I did post it the minute I received it on FB. I loved my beautiful roses! You are truly an artist!!

to Brenda! Yes, I'm very lucky!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery