Tuesday, December 03, 2013

The Day After

Mini-Thanksgiving Dinner

Since we dined out for Thanksgiving, there were no leftovers at our house.  On Friday I cooked a mini-Thanksgiving meal just for us!   I got a few recipe tips and tricks on Thursday from my Cousin Carolyn (an excellent cook).  I made a turkey breast and thighs, cornbread stuffing, sweet potato casserole, steamed asparagus and pumpkin ice-cream pie with graham cracker crust for dessert.  Everything was delicious!

Turkey breast, thighs, covered with hot mustard, topped with bacon and brown sugar, ready for roasting

Asparagus, cornbread stuffing

Sweet Potato Casserole

Cranberries with oranges

Pumpkin Ice-Cream Pie

After eating turkey sandwiches for a couple of days, I froze the turkey carcass for soup later in the month and then put together Turkey Tetrazzini.  
Turkey Tetrazzini
OK.  We're done with turkey for awhile.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 3:32 AM PST, Blogger Unknown said...

Just want to say your article is as amazing. The clearness in your post is simply spectacular and i could assume you are an expert on this subject. Well with your permission allow me to grab your feed to keep updated with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please continue the rewarding work.

Cccam Server

 
At 8:43 AM PST, Blogger RossK said...

Pumpkin ice-cream pie is all I want before I ....

Well, maybe not that.

But almost.

.

 
At 12:05 AM PST, Blogger betty said...

I'm going to be roasting a whole turkey tomorrow and I also have some bacon on hand. I'm going to follow your bacon idea by putting strips of bacon over the turkey while roasting and see what happens. I guess you can call it a "burkey"! This will test the theory that everything goes better with bacon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery