Thursday, August 14, 2014

Koigu My Koigu

Ellen's Various Koigu Yarn Creations

Everyone knows that I'm addicted to yarn.  I'm not a yarn snob.  I like all kinds of yarn, from scratchy acrylic to baby cashmere.  The possibilities are dreamy when you have a ball of yarn and either a crochet hook or knitting needles in your hands.  Yeah, I dream about yarn and patterns all the time.  My sub-conscious mind is almost always yarn-focused.
Even though I often work with acrylic yarn, my FAVORITE yarn to work with is Koigu.  Koigu is 100% premium merino wool, lightweight, soft, silky and delicious.
 
More Koigu Creations by Ellen
I just finished up some sleeves on a sweater, crocheting with one skein of Koigu in a beautiful multi-burgundy colorway.  Just running the yarn through my fingers as I crocheted and seeing the perfect color blobs line up in sweet little rows made my heart flutter.  Photographs do not do justice to this beautiful yarn.  The little twist in the merino gives it such life and character!  Swoon.
 
Koigu Sleeves
I have mostly knit and/or crocheted scarves and shawls with Koigu yarn.  I recently finished a sweater made mostly from The Sanguine Gryphon Little Traveler yarn that my friend, Beth gifted me a few years ago.  I added some Debbie Bliss Rialto to the piece and finished off with the Koigu.  


After just using Koigu for the sleeves and trim, I'm determined to go through my stash and make an entire sweater out of this glorious Koigu sweetness.  Double Swoon.
Stash Koigu

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery