Friday, August 22, 2014

Vintage Photo Friday

I have renewed interest in playing my ukulele.  Our class yesterday was excellent.  I will practice this weekend!
While perusing the L.A. Public Library Photo Archives for cool uke photos, I came upon this one from The Valley Times, 1963.  The caption reads: 
"Burbank Junior Woman's Club members get in the mood for their 'Hawaiian Hootenanny' to be held at 8:30 p.m. Saturday in the Burbank home of Mr. and Mrs. Angelo Costanzo. From left are Mmes. Robert Henderson, Costanzo, the hostess, and Jean Gowdy, event chairman. Luau activities will include swimming, dancing, games and prizes. Mrs. Henderson is reservation chairman."
The Valley Times, 1963.  Photo by Larry Leach
This photo from 1963 looks suspiciously like The Ukulele Ladies in 2013!  It's just as much fun playing the uke now as it was 50 years ago!  Go out and buy a uke, take a class, learn from the internet.  Do it now!!  You will not be sorry!
The Music Center, 2013.  Natalie, Mary Jo and Brit.  Photo by me.
It might be time to schedule a Hawaiian Hootenanny, Ukulele Ladies!

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 3:24 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just started taking lessons, and it is so much fun! I highly recommend it.

 
At 7:38 PM PDT, Blogger janeray1940 said...

Always makes me happy to hear that you're still playing (or playing again!). Have fun!

 
At 10:35 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

I agree, Suzanne!
Yes, "janeray" Marielle! I haven't progressed that much in the past few years, but at least I'm still playing and having fun. That's what it's all about...for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery